The week after "star student week" was another cold one. My tip: "Don't wear capris when it is 7 degrees".
Last weekend we celebrated Ron's 50th birthday with a little party. Despite the snow (I think Ron has a tally for how many times it has snowed on his birthday) many people came out to celebrate. Happy Birthday, Ron!
I made up a few games (ok, 2) and we went back to 1964. Apparently, my questions were a bit tough--sorry everyone. Despite the tough trivia, I think everyone had a good time.
Moving on to this week. It was "Catholic School Week" so there were a bunch of activities at Kelly's school. What did they have to do with Catholic schools? Nothing. Here's how it went:
Monday: Pajama Day. The kids went to school in their PJs. Kelly chose Hello Kitty.
Tuesday: Student appreciation day. The teachers gave the students an ice cream party. They also had to bring in a can of soup for a food pantry.
Wednesday: Wear a shirt/jersey for your favorite team. Yeah, um, Kelly doesn't have one. Off I went to Sports Authority where I found NOTHING. The people there a are useless. I finally found a GIANTS t-shirt in the boys section at Kohls. Kelly was not happy about buying a shirt in the boy's section. Oh well. It was also a half day.
Thursday: Time Warp Day. We had to choose a decade (50s, 60s, 70s, or 80s) and fill in a report based on that decade. It included things like popular movies, clothing styles, sayings, etc. We picked the 80s. Oh, and they also had to go to school dressed like that era. I chose preppy for Kelly and she was quite pleased. It made up for having to wear the football shirt. (Kelly is a girly girl).
I sent the above photo to my family and my brother-in-law wrote back "She looks like Aunt Toni (my sister) when I met her". It was quite funny. I think my mother would be proud (hi mom) to know I ironed her collar up. I remember my mother doing this for my sister back in the day.
Friday: Team day. They did a bunch of races/games with the entire school. They were divided up into teams and she was on the white team so she had to wear her gym pants and a white shirt. Easy enough!
How's Ron doing? Very well. He said to me the other day "Have you been slipping me diet food, because I've been really hungry lately." My response: "No honey, that's what happens when you exercises regularly. He's been keeping up with his gym routine and I am very proud.
This brings up to the weekend of the BIG GAME. Our town was supposed to have WinterFest which was cancelled three days ago. Apparently they didn't get the sponsorship needed but still spent a lot of money. Oops.
So instead of spending the day ice skating and playing winter games, we baked some goodies in preparation for a friend's party. Drinking wine as you bake is highly recommended. Notice the water bottle next to the wine glass. I am taking care of my kidney and staying hydrated.
As you know by now, the game was rather unexciting. I ran by the tailgate party earlier that morning and took some photos. This was at about 10:50 AM so the festivities hadn't started yet. I did hear that it was packed later in the afternoon.
I think that police officer thought I was nuts.
Our friends hosted an awesome party for the BIG GAME as usual. Jennifer organized a Bingo game and we got really into it. I found it more interesting than the game. You really had to pay attention so I think this was the most football I have watched since I was in college. No kidding.
Kelly got into the game as well.
Yesterday was another snow day for Kelly. I hear that her school only has three snow days and they have used all of them now. I hear there is an ice storm on its way this evening. Uh-oh. Stay warm and I'll catch up by the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment