After the pool, my sister, BIL, and Kelly and I drove up to Red Bank. D needed to get his watch serviced at a jewelry store there and the sis and I went in the Alex and Ani store. I could have stayed there all day. My sister and I decided we are going back next week. I bought her the conch shell bracelet and she bought herself the seahorse. (She is collecting the seashore bracelets). I bought the Jasper beads high-wire wrap.
My bracelet:
The sister's:
There was a cupcake shop next to the jewelry store, so we had to go in. Kelly chose the sugarlicious cupcake with pink buttercream frosting (of course)
The shop is called Sugarush and is on Front Street in Red Bank. They have a sign out front saying they are rated the best cupcake in NJ. I'm not sure who rated them, but they are good cupcakes. I had the vanilla bean cupcake with buttercream frosting and it was delicious.
You must be wondering what is the cactus story? Well, I grew up at the Jersey Shore and this is where my family still lives. (Yes, I was the crazy one that moved to North Jersey). As you might guess, they were affected by Sandy last year. They were without power for two weeks and suffered damage to their home. Luckily, their home was livable through the entire ordeal but it was still rough for them. Anyway, after the Barnegat Bay was finished streaming through their neighborhood, D (that's my brother-in-law) saw a cactus out in the street. Yes, a cactus. He took it and put in a pot and it has been growing like crazy. Do you see that little nub sticking out from the bottom right round part of the cactus? That's how he said it started. So, I took a photo yesterday and I am going to take one each day to see how it grows. I feel like we should name the cactus. Maybe Sandy?
I think I am feeling well enough to drive Kelly and me up to visit Ron. Ron says we should have a post from Petey's perspective. Hmmmm.
Did anyone ever have a cactus? How big did it get?
Any Alex and Ani fans out there? Do you have a favorite bangle?
Any other suggestions for the cactus name?
Sandy or Hope?!
ReplyDeleteHi Guys! It's been just "the cactus" lately. I need to post a recent photo.
DeleteGlad to hear you guys are doing okay. Kelly is adorable. Hope the recovery process is smooth and quick.
ReplyDeleteDom & Sue
Hi Dom and Sue! Thanks for checking in on us. I am still new to blogging and comments, etc.
Delete