And this is what I see...
Normally, I would be ALL over this breakfast (except for the sausage) but it was less than twelve hours after I just went through my surgery. Really? Did they really think I was going to dig into this? Apparently so.
The next day (Wednesday, July 17th) was quite rough for me. I felt nauseous pretty much the entire day. They say you have to move to feel better (which I know in my head is true) but it is REALLY hard to do. I had the nicest nurse in the world. Beatrice, I don't know what I would have done without you. When she saw the breakfast they gave me, she took it away and had juice and jello brought to me. When I go to the hospital on Friday for my check-up I have to bring her a banana bread or something. She's the best.
My best friend from college, Lara, came to see my on Wednesday. She brought me fresh flowers from her garden. How cool is that? LARA: I am so very sorry for getting sick in front of you. You are a SAINT for sticking by me and getting me water and towels.
I REALLY wanted to go see Ron so I worked up the courage to get out of bed. I had no energy except whatever was in the IV. Can you believe he was on the opposite corner of the wing? I mean it. He could NOT have been further. I think it was because of the MRSA thing and you had to wear a gown, gloves, and a mask. I talked to him for about 2 minutes and I started to feel sick. They say the recipient looks better than the donor, and I believe they are correct. It was really hot under the mask and gown so I started my way back. Yep, I got sick in the hallway. But don't worry, I had my "puke bucket" with me at all times. The nurses helped me back to my room and gave me some meds for the nausea.
I don't think I recall what else happened that day. I had decided by noon that I needed to stay another night to help with the nausea. They kept me on the IV and honestly by this time, the pain was not bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment