I've had a rough weekend. I just haven't felt that great. I think it is my body's way of telling me to slow down. Anwyay, my sister and niece were going to the Haskell Invitational race at Monmouth Park. They were planning to always take Kelly, so I felt like I would be missing out. I basically sat like a lump on a chair in a tent all day, but Kelly had fun. We made sure we got a souvenir hat for Daddy
I got a souvenir glass. You got one with a "Signature Drink" which was the "Summer Wind". It's basically like a Lemon Drop. (Yes, I am allowed to have alcohol) It was good, but I just took a few sips and drank water the rest of the day.
I wanted to get Kelly a t-shirt to remember this day, but she picked out a stuffed animal horse. How can I resist.
"Haskell" is the bigger horse in her right hand. She brought "Bella" , the smaller horse with her. Kelly has to bring a "guy" (that's what she calls her stuffed animals) everywhere she goes (except school).
The Haskell is actually the 13th race of the day. I didn't bet all day (I know, I am pathetic) so I decided to put $10 for Power Broker to win. He came in second. Verrazon actually won and I got a shot of him as he passed our tent. (Yep, this was about the third time I got up all day).
My adorable niece has been great with Kelly these last two weeks. She is now 14 years old. For those of you that were at our wedding and can recall there being a little flower girl, that is her. Yes, she is 14 now. Can you believe it? She is now taller than me. Anyway, she was there with her friends and they took Kelly to get her face painted, get a balloon animal, and to the bouncy house. Well, Kelly got her arm painted.
It was very sweet of them to do things with her. They are actually really good kids and didn't talk about Justin Bieber too much. Speaking of Bieber....my niece has been sleeping on an air mattress in a spare room with Kelly these last two weeks so I can sleep in her room. Here is the view from my bed
What a way to end a post. Ron has an appointment this morning, so I will be sure to post the results of his checkup.
Hey Crissy,
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm WAY out of the loop because I didn't know any of this was happening. Great posts! Glad to hear that you & Ron are recovering nicely, although it probably feels slow to you now.
And thanks for the kidney lessons. Believe it or not, I used to work in a transplant research lab and have forgotten most of what I learned so the lessons are interesting to me.
May Bieber watch over you.
Jay
Hi Jay! Sorry such a late response. Thanks for checking in. I'm coming back to work this week. I think I may have forgotten how to do everything!
ReplyDelete