Saturday, August 31, 2013

A New Backpack, A Trip to Build-a-Bear, and a Pig Roast

This was Kelly's last full week of summer before starting school. She is home three days next week, and then has half days on Thursday and Friday. That's why we are really getting into the groove of working in our Kindergarten workbook.


Her new backpack and lunch tote arrived in the mail. When we asked Kelly to try it on she started marching around saying "I'm going to school, I am going to school..."

On Thursday, Ron took Kelly to visit his dad and it seems that she convinced him to take her to Build-a-Bear. Kelly loves this place and loves bears. However, she has only made ME a bear here, she always chooses another animal. In this case, it was Twilight from My Little Pony. Those ponies were big when I was little and it seems they are still around.



After working my last "half-day" Friday of our summer hours, I took Kelly to get her back to school haircut. Now if only she would let me dry her hair like this.


Later that night I made S'mores Bars to take with us to the Pig Roast we were attending the next day. A friend of Kelly's from school was having the party and her parents were cool enough to invite us. I must say these bars were delicious.


This was my first pig roast and we all had a great time. They had a swimming pool and tons of stuff for the kids (and adults) to do. I am going in reverse order a bit, but check out this cake!


They had a pinata (I don't know how to make that symbol over the n, sorry) and Kelly got in a couple of good hits.



There is this bracelet craze called the Rainbow Loom going around. One of the moms tried to show me, but I admit I was lost. That's our little hostess on the right in the below picture. She and Kelly have been in the same daycare/preschool since Kelly started. They were in the baby/infant room together. I can't believe it.


After some swimming, eating, and lots of playing, it was time to go home. I had to take a snapshot of some of the girls. They have been at the same pre-school, but are now going to different schools for Kindergarten. The towns near where we live are very close together so we all don't live far apart. We'll be hanging out together through the school year.


4 comments:

  1. Great post!! Several people were asking about ur smores! Please share the recipe!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Great party! I just sent the recipe via email.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great time! I still can't believe how time is racing...I love Kelly's back pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is a bit crazy. Before you know it, you will be potty training Angela. It really goes by so fast.

      Delete