Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Two Mile Walk and More on Ron's Blood Sugar

I dropped Kelly off at school (day camp) and came back to have breakfast. After that Ron and I went on a 2 mile walk. I am so proud of us! We walked to the train station and back and it took us about 40 minutes. Not bad 3 weeks out of surgery, huh?

After I did some more organizing I went to pick up Kelly and brought her to ballet. Her school has drop-in classes throughout the summer. She struck a pose for me in the hallway after class. I can't believe all of her hair fits in a ponytail now!

 During my organization idea searches, I found a really cool table and bench for sale on Craigslist. We turned our dining room into Kelly's playroom, but now it is time to bring in a real table where she can do homework and projects. A huge thanks to Dave and Jen for helping me (Ok, they did it) load it into my car. I carried two legs so I guess I did help. Our neighbor helped bring it in the house and set it back up. I know it was killing Ron not to go with me to pick it up and be involved. I am not allowed to lift anything 20 pounds or more for another week. Here it is all set up. Can you see Kelly's toy box peeking out from underneath the table?

So what is up with Ron's blood sugar?  On Monday, August 5th the hospital called to say his blood sugar was in the 300s and they called in a medication for him to begin that evening. It continued to be in the two and three hundreds. Well, he took it last night before dinner and check it out...

I am so proud of Ron. He has been snacking on low fat cheese and celery instead of chips and cereal bars.


Oh, and I can't believe I didn't post this photo yet. My Living Donor Coordinator gave this to me my last day in the hospital. They took the photo the day of our family meeting which was one week before surgery (July 9, 2013). You like the reflection of me taking the photo along with all of my jewelry and perfume bottles, don't you?

Last note: If you see blog changes that is because I cannot decide on which template to use. I really want to customize the banner with photos but I cannot figure out how to do it. Maybe I need to be Google +? If anyone has any blogging tips on this kind of stuff, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment