Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Lazy Day and I am the Rummikub Champ!

I am going back to work this week so I really need to try and take it easy. It's tough with a 5-year old. The first three weeks post surgery were spent managing the pain and keeping my nausea in check. The fourth week (this last week) I started to feel more like myself, but I have noticed that I can't do as much as I could before surgery. I took Kelly to Target one day by myself and I was exhausted when I got home. However, I felt like it was a major accomplishment.

So, yesterday was a lazy day. Here is what I brought with me outside...


OK, so I never actually painted my nails or toes, but I had good intentions.

After about an hour, our yard loses all sun and is mostly in the shade. BTW- we do not have ONE tree on our property. The shade comes from trees that are in our neighbors' yards. Yes, this keeps the house cool, but if you are trying to get a tan- forget it!

After my attempt at sunbathing, Ron and I played Rummikub on the deck while Kelly played with her water table. If you have never played Rummikub, go out to your nearest Target, Toys R Us, etc and get one now. It costs under $15 and it it so much fun! It is similar to the card game Rummy except you have tiles instead of cards. Beware- it is addicting. We played two games and I won both so I have declared myself the champ of the day!


The day ended with Kelly and I going to church and Ron cooking steaks with corn on the cob for dinner. I think today will be a similar type of day.

Ron goes back to the doctor tomorrow and this will be the last one where I can join him. (I go back to work on Tuesday).

Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment