Saturday, August 24, 2013

Kelly's Last Day at Preschool and Flounder Cookies

I just cant believe it. Our little girl is finished with her preschool. Her first day was July 2, 2008 and of course I snapped a photo.


You know I kept that outfit. She is 10 weeks old in the above photo. Instead of following my maternity leave with two weeks of straight vacation, I took two days off per week so she was only at daycare three days a week for the first 5 weeks. It really helped with my transition back to work.

The day began with waffles as usual.


Then it was off to school. I am rather sure this was a more emotional day for me than it was for Kelly.




I work half day Fridays in the summer (and I also work from home on Friday) so I got to have lunch with Ron out on the deck.I think he is getting used to posing for random photos. Petey will always look directly at food, of course.


After lunch, I did some errands and then picked up Kelly around 3:30. She has been asking to make Flounder cookies. No, not actual fish cookies, cookies shaped like fish and are decorated to look like Flounder from The Little Mermaid. One of the errands I did was head to Michael's to pick up blue and yellow sugar crystals. When I showed them to her she was beyond excited. Check her out doing a dance with the sprinkle containers as her "maracas".



I really should have taken a video. On to make the cookie dough. She LOVES using my Kitchen Aid mixer. Thanks to my mom for buying it for me at my wedding shower. It is over 11 years old and still going strong. It is worth every penny. Of course, I didn't pay for it...


I had to explain to Kelly that you have to let the dough sit in the refrigerator for about an hour or so first. I managed to distract her by giving her dinner, but then it was time to roll the cookies and cut them out.



Then of course, we needed to decorate them. It was just easier to put the tray on the chair then up on the table. Just go with it.


They came out beautiful, don't you think?


I thought this wine went well with the fish shaped cookie theme, yes? I don't know why my pinky is in the air. I also decorated the striped fish cookie below. Not too bad I must say.


I let Kelly have TWO cookies and then it was off to have her bath and go to bed. Pretty cool day here.


I happen to have orange sugar crystals in my pantry, so it may be Nemo cookies tomorrow!

1 comment: