Day 4- Bring a snack to share with the class. Do you remember these? Kelly chose animal crackers. So I had to buy 19 boxes of animal crackers at the grocery store. The clerk jus said "someone likes animal crackers!". I should have taken a photo of all those boxes but I forgot. You'll have to settle for one.
Day 5- She can select someone to come in and read a book to her class. She chose me and we read this book that my mom actually had made for her. It is the story of The Little Mermaid but they create a character for her (she's Ariel's friend) and her name is all through the story. One of the kid's asked "Why isn't her picture in the book?", I answered with "I guess we didn't get her photo to the publisher in time for the book to go to print. It takes a lot of coordination between the author and the illustrator to publish a book." I know that my colleagues are cracking up right now. Take it as publishing humor and move on, OK?
Here she is holding the book at her desk. The teacher decorates their chair for the entire week.
The weekend consisted of doing errands for Ron's birthday. Ron turned 50 on January 20th. Of course, Kelly and I needed to stop at Starbucks to refuel. She likes to pose with her food.
Kelly's school called last night indicating that they would be closed today. Another Snow Day where I have to explain that mommy still has to work. I'm sure we will keep ourselves busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment