Ok, so I am going to summarize the last four days or so. I think I mentioned that Kelly started taking karate just before the holidays. Cool, right? Well, this school gives you a free month (and free uniform) to start. I met with the Sensei last week to see how she is doing and share what we expect out of the program. We met for 20 minutes and then Kelly was officially enrolled in the school. Yay for our little white belt!
Kelly was also in need of a haircut so the next day we were off to the hair salon. This place is so cool because it is a regular salon on one side (that's where I get my hair cut and colored--nope, not a natural blonde) and the other is for kids haircuts. It has a ton of toys and sometimes it is tough to get Kelly to leave this place. She LOVES the girl that cuts her hair so she doesn't usually want to leave. She chose to sit in the airplane.
On to Saturday. Kelly was invited to a birthday party that started at 5:15 PM. Our friends invited us to dinner at their house for 6 PM. I'm telling you, many weekends we just sit at home because we have nothing to do. Of course we are invited to two places for the same day/time. It's always the way, am I right? Here is Kelly at the "Jump On In!" party
Here she is with one of her friends from Kindergarten. I think Kelly is chasing her.
Then Ron had to teach her how to play Foosball.
Ron will probably want me to mention that he is a Foosball champion. He won us tickets for Cirque de Soleil at his job once by winning a Foosball tournament. That company is no longer in business. It may have something to do with having foosball tournaments at work. Just a guess.
Ron said he never saw so many people play foosball at once.
Then they moved on to Air Hockey...
Note to kids: The foosball and air hockey tables are for the adults. Go bounce around in those air castles and let us have some fun, OK? Thanks.
We made it to our friends party earlier than expected since a certain someone was having a rough time at the party. Her name rhymes with Belly and she was tired and hungry so we just had to take her away before she called a
I had to take a photo of these cookies by themselves. They are hamburger cookies. Cookies that look like hamburgers, not cookies made of hamburger.
Kelly put on a show as usual. The other kids didn't seem too interested so it was a one woman show. That's ok, she's fine with that.
Sunday was spent working on the house (Ron), laundry (me) and Kelly filling out her "Star Student" poster. Yes, she is "Star Student" this week. More on that later as we do more activities for it. But really, she didn't need a poster telling her she is a star. I think she knows that already.
No comments:
Post a Comment