Friday, January 3, 2014

Snow Day!

The first day of work/school was yesterday, January 2nd. Some schools don't go back until Monday the 6th and are very happy about it. I don't know, I like that I can ease back into work with a short week. Well, the short week was got even shorter! Winter Storm Hercules (can you believe they are now naming winter storms?) came through last night and left us about 6-8 inches. Since I knew that the weather was going to be bad and I wouldn't be able to get to the gym this morning, I went last night about 7:20. Why am I writing this?

Number 1: I HATE running at night. I can do a spin class or yoga, but no running. So this is a big deal for me and I want to remember it.
Number 2: I just want to remind myself how dedicated I am to my running plan. 4.25 miles of Speedwork. I was supposed to do 6, but like I said, I HATE running at night and I promised Ron I wouldn't stay too long.

While I was on the treadmill  my cell phone rang with a recorded message that Kelly's school would be closed the next day. Yes, I can answer a cell phone, listen to music, and watch Wheel of Fortune while running on a treadmill. That's talent ladies and gentlemen. I also guessed the "Before And After Puzzle": Volcanic Rock Paper Scissors!!

Kelly enjoyed her snow day by starting off with breakfast in her new Snuggie. Yes, she asked for a Snuggie for Christmas and my sister came through.



We did this all while Ron was outside taking care of the driveway and the sidewalk. By the way, taking this photo was the only time I stepped foot outside today.

 
Now Kelly wasn't all too thrilled that Mommy and Daddy didn't get a snow day. Work still goes on in the real world when Winter Storms come to town. Luckily, I am able to work from home and I actually usually do on Friday. So yes, my child watched TV (probably more than she should) but she also played with her toys. I didn't take any photos of that, but I  for some reason I was obsessed with taking pictures of her in that Snuggie.
 


Since our snow day wasn't all that interesting I will back up to New Years Day. My goal was to get all my laundry done- check- and actually get Kelly to do something productive- check. I wanted to make up for a week and a half of Kelly doing no school work (the teachers in my life would be proud). I made up sentences that included all of the site words she has learned so far and she had to circle them. She did four sheets of this plus four sheet of handwriting practice. I told you I had to make up for the last week and a half.

New Years Day wasn't all work. We went to Hershey Park in early December and we picked up a Chocolate House to make (instead of a Gingerbread House). I was sick over Christmas so we only got around to doing it now. Here is Kelly showing you the instructions.

First you set up the pieces like this and start adding the icing (she is really good at this)


Hold the pieces together so the icing sticks


Don't forget the roof...

 
And Voila!
 



Happy Snow Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment